Thursday, July 31, 2008

We must be doing *something* right

As Monkey begins to become more clear as he talks, we've been encouraging him to use the words he knows rather than grunt or whine. It's starting to work but he still needs a prod every now and then. We've also been trying to emphasize please and thank you when we talk to him, and sometimes when he asks us for things (for example "Milk!" gets the response "Milk, please" to which he replies "Milk, peas!").

So tonight I was exhausted and lying on the couch while Monkey colored at the coffee table. When he was done he gave me the colors ("All done!") and reached his arms up to me. He started grunt-whining, and I ignored him for a minute (since I was reaaaaallllly tired and needed to save up some strength to lug his 26 lbs up to me). After a few grunt-whines, he looks up at me and says, "Peas?"

That gave me all the energy I needed.

No comments: