This week has been crazy with illnesses and other things going on, so I didn't get to update on Monkey's first day in the early 3 year old class!
This week he moved up a class, and into a new room and new building. His class is smaller (8), and he only has one teacher, Ms. Renee ("Ms. Anay"). However, his bestest buddies are in his class, so he is happy.
I'm really looking forward to this class. The teacher seems to have her stuff together and has the room decked out really cute. There are various areas, or stations, throughout the room: computer, dress up, music, art, play, etc. They even have a class pet fish (a blue betta, not sure if he has a name). They also learn Spanish twice a week. Something else different is that they sleep on little cots now, rather than mats on the floor.
I asked Monkey about it today, and he asked me "What 'a cot' means?" So I had to ask him whether his mat was on the floor or on something else. He said on something else. So I explained the "something else" was called a cot. He said he liked it and proceeded to tell me he wanted a Mickey Mouse mat cover, blanket and pillow. Gee, I guess the funky old pillow case and blankie aren't cutting it anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment