Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Jose'


Corey's coworker had a party today for his son, Jose'. Monkey was invited so we went.

We were 2 blocks away from our house when Corey and I hear a God-awful sound from the back seat. Turning around, I catch Monkey throwing up his breakfast three times. It was really gross and smelly, all over his face, hands, shirt, pants, carseat, and yes some of it made it on to the present (don't tell that to Jose'). Poor thing starts crying because he has it on his hands. So I hop into the back seat to start cleaning him off as best I can while Corey whips us around and back home.

We undress Monkey in the front yard and pop him into the bath. Ten minutes later we were back on the road to the party. I think his belly was overstuffed, since he had 2 1/2 bowls of grits and 3/4 bowl of fruit for breakfast. I thought it was a lot, but when you child is asking you for "more" breakfast, what are you supposed to do, starve him??

Anyway, we get to the party and Monkey is shy at first, but warms up to everyone after a while. The party theme was Diego, which Monkey keeps calling Dora because he can't say Diego. Jose's mom put a temp tattoo on Monkey , which surprisingly he didn't fuss about. He spent the rest of the time in the space walk, sliding, and coloring. I guess it was an overall good time for a 19 month old. We left before cake since it was almost 6:00 and Monkey didn't have his afternoon nap. We were worried he'd start acting up and wanted to get out while the gettin' was good.

On the way home, he opened up his favor bag and found an awesome Diego coloring book and crayons. What a great party!


No comments: